Sunday, February 8, 2015

Out of practice

We have been having some rain, glorious rain! At least February won’t go down in the record books as a totally dry month like our dear friend, January, did. 

I thought I had a nice window for a run this morning, only it started pouring like mad the last half mile. Now, I actually like being out I the rain, what I hate is getting back in the car when you’re soaked. I don’t know why it feels so gross to sit in a car in wet clothes, but it does. 

I didn't feel like dealing with wet and possibly muddy dogs in the car today, so I had the brill idea to get a cup of coffee, open the back door, and throw the ball from there.

 Some were a tad judgmental about my idea. 

DSC_8514 

And then there’s the Good Dog who has no opinions about anything. 

DSC_8519 

What I didn't take into consideration was the fact that the back yard, while looking all lovely and green, is really just a big ol' mud puddle at this point. 

DSC_8518 

Their lower bits were way beyond wiping off with towel, so I ended up out in the wet again to hose them off before coming in. Best laid plans, and all. 

DSC_8540 

At least they’re back to being all fluffy and soft. That rain water is the bestest.

1 comment:

  1. At least my husband I can get to dry off his feet before he walks into the house after the rain or snow! Joey? He's look at me with his big eyes when I screamed out JOEY!!! The look was more like, "Whaaaaaat?"

    Sometimes I was lucky to be in time with the cloth but more often than not... (Occasionally on really muddy days used a bowl of water and dipped his feet into it...)

    ReplyDelete